Brief Profile of the Centre:
The Bioinformatics Centre in Tripura University (a Central Uiversity) was established
in the year 2008 with the financial support from the Department of Biotechnology,
Government of India under the Biotechnology Information System Network (BTISnet)
programme. The primary objective of this facility is to promote biology teaching
through bioinformatics (BTBI). It provides services to the host institute and other
neighboring institutions. The centre is situated at the second floor of Academic
Building II. The Centre facilitates the activities of teaching biology through applications
of bioinformatics throughout the year.
- To support the teaching activities of Biology and its allied areas of the
host institute in particular and the neighboring institutions in general.
- To organize Training/Workshop for familiarizing the application of Bioinformatics
in Biology teaching and learning activities.
Year of Establishment:
Dr Surajit Basak, Assistant Professor & Head (I/C), Department of Molecular Biology
Seminar/Conference / Workshop organised
- Workshop on Mathematical Genomics, January 23-28, 2017
- Workshop on Applications of Bioinformatics to Genomic Data Analysis, 20-21
- Workshop On Fundamental Applications of Bioinformatics 27-28 March, 2015
- Workshop on “Fundamental Tools & Techniques in Bioinformatics”, 28-29 March,
- Fundamental Bioinformatics & its Applications, 22nd Jan, 2014